Where does this leave me (and many of you)? Morning workouts. Can I get a groan from all of you fellow non-morning-people out there?
There are ways to turn us night owls into morning exercisers without too much pain, but it will take some work. Shape Magazine has seven steps to help us move up our workout routine earlier in the day:
- Slowly start moving up your bedtime
- Determine a realistic strategy for success
- Plan to fail
- Psych (or bribe) yourself up
- Build a motivating A.M. mix (perhaps our last blog post can help)
- Share your plans on social media
- Prepare for a painless pre-and-post workout
Check over all the details and explanation in the Shape slideshow.